I love reading blogs. Besides being often informative, it feeds my secret passion to get a peek into other people’s lives. Well, here’s a chance for you to see a little bit into my life. I’ve been tagged by Kelly at The Ordinary Housewife (which, p.s. is a super fun blog so make sure you go check it out!!) and now you get to hear 7 facts about me that you wouldn’t normally know!
1. I absolutely love cherry pie filling… minus the pie. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a full on slice on occasion, but I do so love cherry pie filling straight out of the can. It’s been awhile since I indulged, but I’m not kidding when I say I have occasionally daydreamed about the thick, tart, unnaturally red wonder that is cherry pie filling. mmmmmmm…..
2. I’ve broken bones on New Year’s Eve – twice. Once when I was in 6th grade and I was rollerskating downhill in the rain and 11:45 chasing a basketball (don’t ask, the story is ridiculous and I won’t tell) and I broke my right wrist. Then again when I was 19 and at a friend’s party. My good friend and I were messing around and showing off and we got into this pseudo-wrestling match (again, don’t ask) and she rolled over my foot, bending it and breaking my foot right below my pinkie toe. The second broken bone resulted in my parents finding out about my first tattoo (I had just gotten it a couple of days before) and I ‘m not sure which hurt worse: my foot, or my ears after my mom let me have it for what she considered the “total insane stupidity” of getting permanent ink.
3. I can do a dead-on impression of a dolphin. I have not gone swimming with dolphins, but if I ever do, I’m totally gonna see what happens if I do it around them.
4. I am sometimes still a little afraid of the dark. This may have to do with the fact that I love reading scary books and have an over-active imagination, but I still freak out sometimes when I’m walking upstairs at night and have to turn on lights.
5. I am not athletic at all, unless it involves horses or golf (maybe polo would be a good sport for me?!) I used to ride horses all the time when I was younger, and my husband introduced me to golf when we met and amazingly enough I was actually pretty good at it!
6. I didn’t have cable for over 2 years. This was actually a really good thing because now that we have it again, I sometimes find I have a hard time turning off the TV. I am happy to get to watch some of my favorite shows again (Project Runway, anything on The Food Network, How I Met Your Mother, and my new favorite Fringe).
7. Wow… this last one is hard! I’m trying to think of something to WOW you with… okay… I can tie cherry stem into a knot without the use of my hands. It’s true. Feel free to say WOW!
So now I need to pick seven other people to tag, but first I need to post the rules…