If someone could just come and smack me over the head with an inappropriately large rubber mallet, I would be forever in their debt. I just don’t know how much more I can take right now! After the puss caterpillar incident a few weeks ago (read about it here), I was ready for things to quiet down. I even said, “I’m ready for things to quiet down”. Stupid, stupid woman!!! Why would I actually say something like that out loud? Of course saying that pretty much guaranteed that NOTHING would quiet down. It’s Thursday and this is my week so far:
- Continued insomnia is making me look like I got hit with the ugly stick. Puffy eyes, dull skin… and I think my hair is falling out a little… maybe a lot…
- I thought Short Stack had H1N1, but it was just a really bad cold
- When Bubba caught that cold, he developed croup and I spent an entire day in the emergency room watching my little boy struggle to breath. It was horrifying, but thankfully the treatments they gave him helped immensely.
- When I went to drive my son to the ER I realized we had no gas in the car and no money… thanks to my dear friend for loaning me a twenty!!!
- I stayed up all night after the day in the ER to check on Bubba every ten minutes because I was paranoid that he would quit breathing while he slept.
- Extended family issues were causing major stress
- I almost forget Sportie had a field trip today and I was supposed to pack his lunch… of course we have like, nothing in the house.
- My husband started working nights this week so the kids and I do dinner alone together which is fine except that they seem to be extra rowdy and talk-backy, and whiny with Dad gone.
- I can’t remember the last time I took a shower (which probably means it was too long ago)
- I forgot that Glee was on last night and didn’t get to watch it on the big tv which means I will have to watch it on my laptop.
Yes, things are just crazy right now. To cheer myself up, I spent some time looking through the most disgusting yet strangely delicious looking concoctions on This Is Why You’re Fat and dreamed about Philly Cheesesteaks, Fried Cheese Sticks, and a giant Cheesecake with Cherry Pie Filling all over it.